For Oral Presenters Guidelines
The assembly will take place virtually on Zoom. To ensure the LIVE session runs smoothly, we recommend that each presenter prepare a recorded video for your presentation.
The presentation can be recorded by the first author or co-authors and uploaded by the abstract submitter.
We are here to support your virtual participation, from pre-recorded presentations to live discussions.
We advise authors to finalize and upload their video prior to the deadline. The portal will be closed, after the deadline. Meanwhile, the technicians required to integrate and sort all the uploaded videos according to the programme, so that they could be played in the session.
The following guidelines (Pre-recorded Video Instruction & Zoom Self-Recording Instruction) will help you prepare for your virtual presentation. Please take a few minutes to read them carefully before submitting your virtual presentation.
Joining the Live/Live Q&A Session
1. Please join in your session at least 20 minutes before the session begins and report to the session chair.
2. There will be a technician in the virtual room with you to assist and to guide you if you have queries.
3. Your recorded video will be played at assigned presentation time slot.
4. Please check your assigned timeslot in the final programme before the session begins in case of any changes.
There will be a live moderated Q&A involving all session’s presenters.
Participants will be able to ask questions to the presenters via the Q&A feature whilst they view the lectures. These will be written questions only. The chair will decide which questions will be discussed at the end of all presentations. Presenters will answer the questions using the audio or chat function.
If you are unable to join the Live/Live Discussion due to the time difference, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Discussion Board (asynchronous content)
Continue the conversation after the sessions using the ‘Discussion Board’ with participants.
They are an integral part of the online programme of the IAG 2021 official website.
It will remain open for all participants to post messages until the assembly is concluded.
Join a Technical Rehearsal (For Oral Presenters)
In order to ensure the successful running of this online assembly, we invite all session speakers to a Technical Rehearsal Session to test your Zoom connection and the viability of live streaming before the assembly.
If you would like to take part in this Technical Rehearsal (which is highly recommended), please login your personal center to book your tech rehearsal time slot.
Click here to read more about “Tech-Rehearsal Appointment Instructions”
The rehearsal unique zoom ID and password will be provided by email 3 days prior to the appointment date.
If you do not receive it，please get in touch with us at email@example.com
Ahead of the rehearsal please arrange to have:
- Please make sure to install Zoom on your PC. (Zoom: https://zoom.us/)
- Please ensure that the device and place for the testing are consistent with the live Streaming.
- An external, microphone connected to your computer. Alternatively, you can use the earbuds or similar in-ear style headphones with an inline microphone. The internal microphone of your laptop/computer is not recommended.
- A computer with a functional webcam (the laptop internal webcam will work).
- Stable internet connection. We recommend using wired internet if possible. If you use WiFi please make sure that you sit near the WiFi router. 4G cellular internet should not be.
Should you have any questions please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org